Matcha Flan Classic Twist
Hands up if you’re in Matcha Heaven right now with this melt-in-your-mouth🍮
If you’d like to give it a try and prepare this delicious MATCHA FLAN CLASSIC TWIST at home.
Follow this recipe to learn how to make one!
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
1 cup of condensed coconut milk
1 1/2 cups of unsweetened plant-based milk (soy)
3 tbsp of cornstarch
3 tsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
1/4 cup of water
1 tsp of agar agar powder
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1/4 cup of coconut sugar
2 tbsp of water
1. Make the caramel, add coconut sugar and water into a saucepan, turn the heat on medium high.
2. Stir constantly. Once the sugar has dissolved this about 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat.
3. Let the caramel cool for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the caramel into moulds and move the mould around so it gets onto all of the edges. Transfer moulds to the fridge.
5. Combine cornstarch, matcha and 1/4 cup water, mix to incorporate. Set aside.
6. In a saucepan heat condensed coconut milk, soy milk and bring to a boil.
7.Then add in agar powder, salt, stirring constantly until agar dissolved.
8. Whisk in cornstarch-matcha mixture, vanilla and allow mixture to simmer for 1 minute.
9. Remove flan moulds from the fridge. Pour the mixture over the caramel. Back to the fridge to set, about 4 hours.
10. Carefully flip the flan onto a plate.
11. SERVE & ENJOY!
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15