Inspired by the recent viral drink, dalgona coffee, this version uses matcha powder instead of instant coffee. It features the same iconic fluffy, whipped cream on top of a milk base.
This DALGONA MATCHA is easy to make and tastes delicious. It is a trendy and aesthetic drink that's perfect for warm mornings.
Follow this recipe to make one in the comfort of your home.
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
2 tablespoons of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
120 g of whipping cream
3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
400 g of milk
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder and about 6 tablespoons of the whipping cream. Mix thoroughly until no lumps of matcha remain. Try smushing the matcha against the sides of the bowl to break it up.
2. Add in the rest of the whipping cream and sugar.
3. Use a hand mixer or whisk to whip the mixture until it becomes soft peaks.
4. The matcha cream should be creamy and hold its shape when stirred around or lifted with a spoon.
5. Fill a glass halfway with milk and ice.
6. Spoon the whipped matcha cream on top of the milk.
7. Stir together before drinking.
8. SERVE & ENJOY!
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15