Japanese-style Matcha Pancakes
Thick, fluffy Japanese-style MATCHA PANCAKES that does not only look pretty but tastes delicious too!
Follow this recipe and make it this weekend to wow your guests at your next brunch at home!
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
Olive oil for oiling the pan and the inside of the cookie cutter
Optional: Toppings like berries and maple syrup
1. Turn the oven on to 400°F and place a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into the oven.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients first (flour, sugar, matcha, and baking soda) then whisk in the wet ingredients (milk, yogurt, and egg) until the batter is free of any lumps.
3. Oil the inside of a metal cookie cutter and the pan.
4. Place the cookie cutter in the middle of the pan over low heat. Pour batter 2/3 of the way of the cutter and place a lid to cover.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove lid and cook for 1 more minute. Carefully flip the pancake and cook the other side for 5 minutes with the lid, then 1 minute without.
6. Take the pancake in the cookie cutter off the pan and and run a knife along the inside of the cookie cutter to cut out the pancake.
7. Decorate with some fruit toppings of your choice.
8. SERVE & ENJOY!!!
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15