Matcha Buttercream Cupcake
Instead of one big cake, this recipe can also be made into about 20 cupcakes! This MATCHA BUTTERCREAM CUPCAKE is super rich and fluffier that you'll enjoy in every bite!
Follow this recipe to make a delicious one.
1 3/4 of cups sugar
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tbsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 cup of buttermilk
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of canola oil
3/4 cup of boiling water
2 cups of unsalted butter
4 2/3 cups of powdered sugar
2 1/2 tsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
1 tsp of vanilla extract
a pinch of kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease two 8-inch baking pans and line them with parchment paper, or line muffin pans with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk tother the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Whisk in the boiling water.
2. Pour the batter into the pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes for cupcakes and about 30 minutes for cakes.
3. Transfer the cakes to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
4. To make the frosting, beat together all ingredients until smooth.
5. Frost the cakes as desired.
6. SERVE & ENJOY!!!
To learn more about some of the purest and most nutritious matcha available, check out Zen Tea Leaf today. Our matcha is never bitter, completely water-soluble, and never contains toxins that can be found in much of the low-quality matcha on the market today. We stand behind the integrity and deliciousness of our product and are confident that it will leave you feeling nourished, peaceful, and ready to live each day to its fullest and its healthiest.
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15