Matcha Green Tea Cookies
Try baking a Matcha Green Tea Cookies for Luck this coming Easter!
⦁ 2 cups all-purpose flour
⦁ 2 ½ Tbsp matcha green tea powder
⦁ ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened)
⦁ 1 cup + 2 tsp confectioners’ sugar/powdered sugar
⦁ pinch kosher or sea salt
⦁ 2 large egg yolks
⦁ ¼ cup white chocolate chips
Follow these steps to make a delicious one.
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 2 ½ Tbsp of matcha green tea powder in a large bowl.
3. Sift the flour and the matcha powder.
4. In a stand mixer, beat ¾ cup of unsalted butter until smooth & creamy.
5. Add a pinch of salt and blend.
6. Add 1 cup + 2 tsp of confectioners’ sugar/powdered sugar & blend until soft & light.
7. Add 2 large egg yolks and mix well until combined.
8. Gradually add the flour & matcha mixture and mix until well-incorporated.
9. Add ¼ cup of white chocolate chips and mix all together.
10. Cut the dough in half and shape into 2 cylinders, about 1 ½ inch (4 cm) diameter, 7" (18 cm) long.
11. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours. To bake, let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting and baking. Do not let the dough fully defrost.
12. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Remove the dough from the plastic wrap, and with a sharp knife, slice the dough into ⅓ inches thick rounds. If the dough is too hard, wait for 5 minutes or so. Place them on the baking sheet, leaving about 1” between rounds.
13. Bake the cookies at 350ºF (175ºC) for about 15 minutes, or until the edge of the cookies starts to get slightly golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and let cool.
15. Serve and Enjoy!
To learn more about some of the purest and most nutritious matcha available, check out Zen Tea Leaf today. Our matcha is never bitter, completely water-soluble, and never contains toxins that can be found in much of the low-quality matcha on the market today. We stand behind the integrity and deliciousness of our product, and are confident that it will leave you feeling nourished, peaceful, and ready to live each day to its fullest and its healthiest.
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15