Matcha Green Tea Cookies
Are you craving for another Matcha Recipe?
Try baking a MATCHA GREEN TEA COOKIES this coming Mother's Day and share the love with your mom.
Follow this recipe to make one!
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
⦁ 2 cups of all-purpose flour
⦁ 2 ½ Tbsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
⦁ ¾ cup of unsalted butter (softened)
⦁ 1 cup + 2 tsp of confectioners’ sugar/powdered sugar
⦁ pinch kosher or sea salt
⦁ 2 large egg yolks
⦁ ¼ cup of white chocolate chips
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 2 ½ Tbsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder in a large bowl.
3. Sift the flour and the matcha powder.
4. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat ¾ cup of unsalted butter until smooth and creamy.
5. Add a pinch of salt and blend.
6. Add 1 cup + 2 tsp of confectioners’ sugar/powdered sugar and blend until soft and light.
7. Add 2 large egg yolks and mix well until combined.
8. Gradually add the flour and matcha mixture and mix until well-incorporated.
9. Add ¼ cup of white chocolate chips and mix all together.
10. Cut the dough in half and shape into 2 cylinders, about 1 ½ inch (4 cm) diameter, 7" (18 cm) long.
11. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours. To bake, let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting and baking. Do not let the dough fully defrost.
12. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Remove the dough from the plastic wrap, and with a sharp knife, slice the dough into ⅓ inches thick rounds. If the dough is too hard, wait for 5 minutes or so. Place them on the baking sheet, leaving about 1” between rounds.
13. Bake the cookies at 350ºF (175ºC) for about 15 minutes, or until the edge of the cookies starts to get slightly golden brown.
14. Remove from the oven and let cool.
15. SERVE & ENJOY!!!
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15