Matcha Lemon Muffins
These Light and Fluffy MATCHA LEMON MUFFINS are such a yummy treat! They are a great healthy breakfast option, but you can enjoy them anytime you want!
Follow this recipe to make a delicious one.
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
1 and 3/4 cups of flour
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 and 1/4 tbsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
1/2 tsp of salt
3/4 cup of sugar
¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk, or regular milk
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of oil
Juice of 1 lemon
½ tsp of lemon zest
Lemon Drizzle (Optional)
½ cup of confectioner’s sugar
1-2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, matcha, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, egg, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined but be careful not to over-stir. Over-stirring will result in tough, dense muffins.
5. Add muffins liners to muffin tins or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Distribute the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for approximately 15-17 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
7. Transfer to wire rack.
8. Optional: For lemon drizzle, mix confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice until desired consistency. Drizzle lightly over muffins and let muffins sit until drizzle slightly hardens.
9. SERVE and ENJOY!
To learn more about some of the purest and most nutritious matcha available, check out Zen Tea Leaf today. Our matcha is never bitter, completely water-soluble, and never contains toxins that can be found in much of the low-quality matcha on the market today. We stand behind the integrity and deliciousness of our product and are confident that it will leave you feeling nourished, peaceful, and ready to live each day to its fullest and its healthiest.
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15