Matcha Mille Crepe Cake
MATCHA MILLE CREPE CAKE is made of thin layers of green tea crepes stacked together with fresh whipped cream in-between. This elegant and decadent cake will wow your guests when they see the rich green layers!
Follow this recipe to make a delicious one.
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
*For Matcha Cake
1 ¾ cup of whole milk
3 Tbsp of sugar
3 large eggs
1 ½ Tbsp of melted unsalted butter
1 cup of cake flour
2 Tbsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
½ tsp of baking powder
*For Fresh Whipped Cream
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
3 Tbsp of sugar
2 tsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
fresh whipped cream
1. In a sauce pan, add and combine the milk & sugar until it is warm to touch.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and slowly add the warm milk while whisking. Then add the melted butter.
3. Add the cake flour, matcha powder & baking powder. Sift and whisk until well-combine.
4. Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Set a pan on low heat then brush some oil.
6. Pour 1 cup of batter and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Using a spatula, flip the crepe & cook the other side for 30 seconds then transfer to a working surface. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
8. Prepare an ice bath by adding ice cubes & water to a larger bowl and set a smaller bowl on top. Add the heavy whipping cream & start whisking at the lower speed.
9. Once you see bubbles, slowly add granulated sugar & whip it until stiff.
10. First place the larger crepe then put the whipped cream in the middle & spread evenly.
11. Place another crepe on top & spread whip cream evenly. Continue this process until the last crepe is placed on top.
12. Wrap it with plastic wrap & refrigerate it for 2 hours.
13. Dust some matcha powder.
14. SERVE & ENJOY!
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15