Matcha Pesto Sauce
Matcha Pesto Sauce for Pasta is vegan recipe. This concept of pesto; grinding raw ingredients such as herbs, cheese and nuts into a paste, dates back to Ancient Rome and the Japanese have been producing and consuming matcha since the 12th century. This recipe brings two ancient foods together to make a very healthy version of a popular pasta condiment!
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
1 1/2 tsp of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
1 cup of mint leaves
1/2 cup of basil leaves
1/2 cup of parsley leaves
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
2 spring onions
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of salt
some freshly ground black pepper
30 g of grated cheese
100-150 g of pasta
Prepare your Matcha
1. Combine the mint, basil, parsley, chopped garlic, spring onion, matcha, and toasted pine nuts in a food processor/blender. Pulse until coarsely combined.
2. Add the olive oil gradually while the processor is running, and mix to combine.
3. Add the parmesan and pulse a couple more times.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. After cooking the pasta al dente in boiling salted water drain it well.
6. Put some tablespoons of pesto into a frying pan and heat it through. (about 1-2 per person)
7. Add the pasta and mix everything together well before plating.
8. You can sprinkle the portions with some toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley before serving.
9. SERVE and ENJOY!
To learn more about some of the purest and most nutritious matcha available, check out Zen Tea Leaf today. Our matcha is never bitter, completely water-soluble, and never contains toxins that can be found in much of the low-quality matcha on the market today. We stand behind the integrity and deliciousness of our product, and are confident that it will leave you feeling nourished, peaceful, and ready to live each day to its fullest and its healthiest.
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15