Matcha Stovetop Popcorn
Planning to go to the cinema tonight?
Add a twist to your popcorn with this Matcha Stovetop Popcorn recipe. If you’ve never made some, you’re missing out! Thank you Ms. Jee for sharing this recipe.
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
1 ½ tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
¼ cup popcorn kernels
Matcha Butter Topping
⅓ cup clarified butter (ghee)
2 teaspoons Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Combine 1/3 cup clarified butter, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Sift in matcha and mix. Set aside.
Sifting the matcha using a mesh strainer will prevent clumping and make it easier to mix all the ingredients together.
MAKE STOVETOP POPCORN
1. Put 1 ½ tablespoons clarified butter and 3 kernels into a pot and close the lid.
2. Turn heat to medium-high and wait for a kernel to pop.
3. Once you hear a kernel pop, add in the rest of the kernels and close the lid.
4. Shake the pot every few seconds.
5. Coat the popcorn with the matcha butter topping.
6. Pour popcorn a cup at a time into the large bowl
7. SERVE & ENJOY!
To learn more about some of the purest and most nutritious matcha available, check out Zen Tea Leaf today. Our matcha is never bitter, completely water-soluble, and never contains toxins that can be found in much of the low-quality matcha on the market today. We stand behind the integrity and deliciousness of our product and are confident that it will leave you feeling nourished, peaceful, and ready to live each day to its fullest and its healthiest.
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15