Matcha Swiss Roll
This fluffy sponge cake rolled up with fresh matcha cream in the middle will be an instant favorite this holiday season! Make your delicious MATCHA SWISS ROLL and enjoy it with your family!
Follow this recipe to make one!
🍴 RECIPE 🍴
1 ¼ cups of milk
¼ cup of cornstarch
⅓ cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of honey
½ cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
⅓ cup of white sugar
1 tablespoon of Zen Tea Leaf® Matcha Green Tea Powder
2 teaspoons honey
¼ cup cake flour
1. Filling - Pour the milk into a small saucepan, and sprinkle over the cornstarch, whisk until combined.
2. Add the honey & sugar stirring continuously over low heat. When the mixture almost starts to boil it will thicken and get a bit lumpy. Continue to stir the now thick milk mixture over the heat for another 1-2 min, to cook out the cornstarch flavour.
3. Take off the heat and pour into a bowl or shallow dish. Cover the mixture with cling wrap, pushing it all the way to the top of the custard and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
4. Make the cake by combining the sugar, honey, matcha powder, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until it almost triples in size & fluffy (7-10 min).
5. Once the batter has reached the correct consistency sift over the cake flour, and gently fold the flour until all combined.
6. Heat your oven to 350˚F and butter your baking sheet. Place a piece of parchment paper onto your baking sheet. Using a rubber scraper (or your hand) push out any bubbles.
7. Pour batter into prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. In a clean bowl, whip the heavy cream with electric beaters until it is thick and pretty stiff.
9. Grab your chilled custard from the fridge. Add one tsp of vanilla extract. Take the same beaters and whisk your custard.
10. Fold the whipped cream into the custard until they are combined.
11. Cool your cake for 2-3 min on the baking sheet. Lay a fresh sheet of parchment beside your cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
12. Lift the cake with the sides of the parchment onto your table. Flip the cake onto the sugared parchment paper.
13. Remove parchment
New customer? Save 15% with code MATCHA15